Hello from the East Coast

Hi all

My name is Valerie Wells and this is my eighth course in the MET program. I am also taking etec 532 this summer so I think I have a busy summer ahead of me. I live in beautiful, St. John’s, Newfoundland with my husband. My two sons are finished post secondary education (for now) and have left home. The oldest is married; working as an engineer and living in St. John’s, my youngest is a performer and tends to be a bit of a gypsy.

Iceberg grounded in Quidi Vidi, St. John's, Nl

I completed a BA(ED) in 1979 and a Bachelor of Special Education degree in 1996 from Memorial University in St. John’s Nl. I have been teaching for 21 years, the last 8 years in a Grade 3 classroom. This year, for the first time, I spent my mornings in a grade 3 classroom and my afternoons supporting/promoting techno logy use with teachers and students. Both aspects of my position are very rewarding however I love my tech time. The administration and teachers all feel they have benefited from having this “just in time” support so I will continue in the same position for the next school year.

I have little experience with the business side of educational technology however I am interested and looking forward to the challenge.

I look forward to learning with you this term.

Valerie Wells

Posted in: Uncategorized